Carbon Futures are a leading independent energy and sustainability consultancy focussed on delivering low-carbon, cost-effective solutions to a variety of sectors within the construction industry.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated Senior Energy Consultant to join our team. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to lead the delivery of a wide range of high-profile developments throughout the country. This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to be involved in a young and ambitious company, whilst working in a supportive team environment.
Candidates should be educated to at least degree level in an engineering / sustainability related subject. The ideal candidate will also hold CIBSE Low Carbon Energy Assessor accreditation to Levels 3, 4 & 5.
Experience & Skills
- Engineering background with a strong understanding of building physics and mechanical building services;
- Strong experience of operating at a senior level;
- Strong experience of working within the construction sector in Scotland;
- Proficient in Dynamic Simulation Modelling (ideally IES VE);
- Experienced in undertaking SAP / BRUKL / SBEM calculations for new buildings;
- Experienced in assessing the feasibility of renewable and low to zero carbon generating technologies;
- Strong understanding of Section 6 and Part L building regulations
- Strong understanding of following industry guidance;
- CIBSE TM52 & TM59;
- Building Bulletin 87 & 101;
- BREEAM Hea 01 & 04;
- Climate Based Daylight Modelling;
- BRE BR209: Site Layout Planning for Daylight and Sunlight;
- Be able to effectively communicate to clients and design teams;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Fluent spoken and written English is essential as is your eligibility to work in the UK
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Competitive salary (negotiable depending on experience)
- Company pension contribution
- Professional training and development
- 20 days leave per year plus bank holidays
- Free onsite parking
To apply please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.