Carbon Futures are a leading independent energy and sustainability consultancy focussed on delivering low-carbon, cost-effective solutions to a variety of sectors within the construction industry.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated Principal Energy / Engineering Consultant to join us and work alongside our established team of experts. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to lead the delivery of a wide range of high-profile non-domestic developments throughout the country. This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to be involved in a young and ambitious company, whilst working in a supportive team environment.
Candidates should be educated to at least degree level in an engineering / sustainability related subject. The ideal candidate will also hold CIBSE Low Carbon Energy Assessor accreditation to Levels 3, 4 & 5.
Experience & Skills
- Engineering background with a strong understanding of building physics and mechanical building services;
- Strong experience of operating at Associate / Senior / Principal level;
- Strong experience of working within the construction sector in Scotland;
- Proficient in Dynamic Simulation Modelling (ideally IES VE);
- Experienced in undertaking BRUKL / SBEM calculations for new-build non-domestic buildings;
- Strong understanding of Section 6 and Part L building regulations as well as the following industry guidance;
- CIBSE TM52 & TM59;
- Building Bulletin 87 & 101;
- BREEAM Hea 01 & 04;
- Climate Based Daylight Modelling;
- BRE BR209: Site Layout Planning for Daylight and Sunlight;
- Understanding of BREEAM and other environmental assessment methodologies;
- Skills in assessing the feasibility of renewable and low to zero carbon generating technologies;
- Be able to effectively communicate to clients both inside and outside the business;
- Motivation to identify opportunities to win business and referrals from existing and new clients;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Fluent spoken and written English is essential as is your eligibility to work in the UK
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Company pension contribution
- Professional training and development
- Competitive salary which is negotiable depending on experience
- 20 days leave per year plus bank holidays
- Free onsite parking
To apply please email your CV to email@example.com.