Carbon Futures are a leading independent low-energy building consultancy focussed on delivering low-carbon, cost-effective solutions to a variety of sectors within the construction industry.
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and self-motivated Graduate / Trainee Energy Assessor to join our growing team. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to support the delivery of a wide range of high-profile new-build developments throughout the country. This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to be involved in a young and ambitious company, whilst working in a supportive team environment.
Education, Experience & Skills
Through our extensive training program, the successful candidate will be provided with support and mentoring to develop their technical knowledge of the building industry and become experts in undertaking energy assessments and calculations.
Attention to detail and excellent communication skills are essential for this role. In time, there is potential for the successful candidate to become an accredited energy assessor and further develop their skills to compliment the wide range of service we offer to the industry.
Although training will be provided, ideal candidates will hold skills in the following areas:
- Good level of education, preferrably in Maths, Science and English;
- Understanding of Scottish Building Regulations, primarily Section 6 and Section 7;
- Understanding of SAP and U-value Calculations;
- Understanding of AutoCAD;
- Ability to interpret technical drawings;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Fluent spoken and written English is essential as is your eligibility to work in the UK;
- Full UK Driving Licence;
- Competitive salary rising on completion of successful probation period
- Company pension scheme
- Annual staff appraisals and bonus payments
- 20 days leave per year plus bank holidays
- Personal Development Plan / Career Progression Opportunities
- CPD and Training Programmes
- Professional Subscriptions / Membership Fees
- Flexible working practices (all staff currently operate from home)
- Free onsite parking at our Glasgow office
To apply please email your CV to email@example.com.