We are a team of energy and sustainability consultants operating throughout the UK tackling the Climate Emergency.
We carry out energy modelling and produce detailed analysis on building performance to inform design and support the delivery of projects from concept stage masterplanning through to construction and completion.
Our aim is to provide value by working closely with our clients and design team partners to produce sustainable, energy efficient strategies that exceed industry standards and improve the energy performance of buildings throughout the country.
We have extensive experience of supporting a wide range of developments across residential, education and commercial sectors. Together with our commercial awareness we deploy our expert knowledge to provide detailed analysis and support throughout the lifecycle of our projects.
We are looking for an experienced and motivated Energy Consultant to join our growing team in Glasgow. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to lead the delivery of a wide range of projects throughout the country. This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to be involved in a young and ambitious company, whilst working in a supportive team environment.
Candidates should be educated to at least degree level in an architectural / sustainability related subject. On Construction Domestic Energy Assessor and/or Low Carbon Energy Assessor accreditation(s) would be advantageous.
Experience & Skills
- Strong architectural background with a good understanding of new-build construction in Scotland;
- Strong experience undertaking U-value calculations (BR443) and energy assessments (SAP 2012);
- Strong understanding of Domestic Technical Handbooks, notably Section 6 (Energy) and Section 7 (Sustainability);
- Good awareness, knowledge and understanding of thermal bridging (BR497);
- Good awareness, knowledge and understanding of Passivhaus principles;
- Experience producing energy statements in support of planning applications;
- Experience assessing the feasibility of renewable and low to zero carbon generating technologies;
- Proficient with AutoCAD LT and Microsoft Office;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Be able to effectively communicate to clients and design teams;
- Fluent spoken and written English is essential as is your eligibility to work in the UK;
- Full UK Driving Licence;
- Based in our Glasgow office;
- Competitive salary (negotiable depending on experience)
- Company pension contribution;
- Professional training and development
- Flexible working
- 30 days leave per year (including bank holidays)
- Free onsite parking
To apply please email your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.